25 August 2008

Letter #12/#13 (8-25-08)

I don´t have much time to write this week!! So I´m attaching the letter that I wrote to my president this week!! I hope things are great for you!!

Love Sister Jones

Hallo Präsident Thompson,

This week went by so fast. We met with Svetlana again and she said that she prayed about the Book of Mormon and that she felt something good, but she wasn´t sure what it was. We bore testimony to her that it was the Holy Ghost telling her that the Book was true. She believes that it´s true!! It was so cool. Then we watched the Joseph Smith movie together in Russian and then asked her what she though about it. She said that it could be possible for that to happen and that if the Book of Mormon is true then Joseph Smith is a prophet. She has made so much progress in the last 2 weeks!! Although....Satan works really fast. She didn´t come to church on Sunday. Olaf (one of the family members she is staying with) said that she seems to be a little overwhelmed with it all and that maybe it is just to much too fast. She also cancelled our appointment for Sunday night. I called her to see how she was and she asked if she could do something with us today (P-day). I think it will be good for her to see that we are normal people and that you can be a member of our church and still live a normal life. I really hope that we can meet with her this week!! She is just so wonderful!!

Everything else is great. I kind of had a break down this week because I´m still really overwhelmed with the language. I still can only understand a little bit...more then when I first got here, but not enough to always know what people are saying. I thought I was doing fine because Sister Jones is always saying how proud she is of me and how much I can understand, but then the Elders keep saying..."You still don´t understand yet?" Well thanks Elders...I don´t think they mean it exacly in the way that I took it, but I was still frustrated and then got down on myself. But I got a blessing yesterday and I feel a lot better now!! I still don´t fully understand, but I know it will come when the Lord wants it to!! I´m trying to do my part!!

Thanks for everything and I´m excited to see you and your wife this week!!

Sister Jones

No comments: