07 July 2008

Letter #6 (July 7, 2008)

Ok...so I have been here for almost 6 weeks now...which means it is time for transfers. In this mission we do it a little different. We have a huge conference call and all of the missionaries listen as the pres tells us where we are going. Sister Welch my comp is going to Hannover with Sister Seiter who came out with me. When the pres was announcing the Bielefeld Sister he said, "Sister Jones as Senior Companion...." (pause) "That´s Sister Brittany Jones as Senior Companion and Sister Christi Jones and Junior Companion." All of the missionaries laughed and pres. said that no, it was not a mistake!! :o) So my next comp is Sister Jones as well...I heard she was really nice, so I am very excited to meet her!! I don´t really feel ready to show someone around a city and introduce them to the members, but I have no choice now. It will be good for me though...I need to have more responsibility!! I´m really excited for her to come!!

So one thing that is nice about a mission is you notice all the horrible things about yourself and then you try to figure out how to fix it. I want to change so bad and become more like Christ, but it is hard...you can´t do it over night. One thing that I have been trying to work on is looking for the possitive in things. The Lord is blessing me and if I can learn to recognize it more, then I will be even happier. Sundays are always the hardest day as a missionary...especially fast Sunday. I love Sundays though because of all the blessings that I get. I understood people more then I ever have before. Not perfectly, but enough to have a few conversations. It is so exciting. My German is really bad and I have been really afraid to talk to the members, but I noticed that as I tried to talk that they helped me and they understood what I said...and even what I could not say. I love that they are so helpful and I hope that I can work on opening my mouth more so that they can get to know me better and so that I can get to know them as well!!

We had a cool miracle this week...well I consider it a miracle. We ride the bus all the time and I had seen this older lady with white glasses on the bus quite a few times and for some reason she always stood out to me. Well we were walking down the street this last week and she was coming toward us carrying some really heavy bags. We stopped her and started talking to her and she handed us the bags...she was completely out of breath. So we helped her carry her bags home and she invited us in. We were on our way to an appointment, but we talked to her for a little bit and asked if we could come back. Her apartment was really messy, so we offered to help her clean and organize and even invited her to church. She said she was going on Urlaub (Vacation) but we could come by when she got back. I´m so excited...when I first saw her I felt something and I didn´t know why until this week. I really hope that it all works out.

We met this other girl on the street and we talked to her about the Book of Mormon. I asked her if we could meet and we could give her a book and tell her more out it. She agreed!! It was so great. We ended up calling her and she wanted to meet us at the Library. Sister Welch didn´t think she would actually be there, but she was and she brought a Friend to. They are 17&18 and are super cool. We set a an appointment with Meera (who we met on the street) and then asked her friend if she wanted to come as well...she thought for a second and then said, "Warum nicht" (why not) It was so awesome. The appt. is on Wednesday...I hope it goes well!! I´m very excited!!

Ok, so cool German stuff for this week. I have been thinking of what to say and I wanted to talk about weird phrases, but I only have one for now..."Wir sehen uns" which is translated to "we see us" which means "we´ll see each other later". It is so much more fun to say. I love this language. I will try to listen for more and tell you more things next week!!
Well I think that is all for this week!! I love you and I hope to hear from you next week!!

Love
Sister Jones

1 comment:

Maudjean said...

This email from Sister Jones really touched me. You can hear her growing through each letter! She has such a strong desire to be "better"! It's fun to hear her talk about the language. In a short time she won't remember NOT knowing German fluently! I'm impressed with how open she is to the Spirit and to follow it! Thanks again for sharing her letters.