18 April 2008

MTC life (letter from Christi April 10, 2008)

Hello Mom, Mandy, Vicki, and Teri,

I thought that I would write to all of you since I don't have much time to write and I would tell you all the same things anyways!! Things are going really good here. The German is still slow, but the lessons are coming. I just taught again on Tuesday with my companion to a fake investigator and the spirit was so strong she started to cry. I thought it was so great to realize that the Spirit really does continue to testify of the truthfulness of the Gospel. He never stops!! I love it. Every time I teach the Spirit bears witness to me that this is true!! Everything is true...Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and Jesus Christ!! This is exactly where I want to be. The days aren't exactly chocolate and roses, but they are so much filled with the Spirit that some how I get through!!

My companions name is Sister Pelo. She is very sweet. She is the oldest in her family, so just like my sisters that I love, she sometimes bosses me around...and we all know how much I LOVE that!! lol!! We make sure to talk about everything so that we don't hold any secret grudges!! It seems to be working really well. We are really learning how to work together and also teach together. My district is so great. They can sometimes be so fun that it turns into a distraction from studying so sometimes sister pelo and I have to study elsewhere. They are really cool though and we are having fun!! I have 2 teachers Brother Stewart and Sister Zabriskie. They both served in Berlin. They have very different teaching styles, but in their own way that are very good!! I love both of them and look up to them a lot.

As you probably noticed, there was no missionary choir for conference, but I did get to watch all of the sessions. It was SO great huh?? I loved it!! I am in the missionary choir that performs at all the devotionals though...although that wasn't hard to get into because they ask all sisters to join. I knew that there would be a lot of elders, but I didn't realize HOW out numbered I would be!! :o)

I ran into a couple people I know...I've seen Nicole Friszell and actually said goodbye to her before she left on Tuesday. I've seen Justin MicKell and Devin Gleason. I've also seen a few girls that I knew at BYU-I!! That was pretty awesome!!

I get up around 6:00-6:15am. They say that you should get up at 6:30am, but that only gives me about 20min to get ready before I have to be in class. I'm gone in class all day long...well either class, studying, eating, or gyming (lol) and then I go back to my room at 9:30pm and lights out at 10:30pm. You would think that I would fall asleep fast, but I can't get to sleep at night...it's a little frustrating, but I hope to adapt soon!!

Church is great, but it is mostly spoken in German. They do most of the announcements in English, but the rest is in German. It's a little overwhelming, but I hope to get used to it!! And yes...I miss all of you, but I love the Lord to much to let me dwell on that!! It would be to hard if I just thought about how much I'm missing at home!! No laughing is aloud by the way with out me!! lol Most of that last paragraph was to answer Mandy's millions of questions!! lol I hope it helped you get a better picture of MTC life!!Well I only have a minute left to type so I better go!! I love you all and love getting your letters please continue to write!!

Sister Jones

No comments: